Adult Evening Dual Diagnosis Intensive Outpatient Program (CD IOP)
Austin Oaks Hospital now offers an evening Dual Diagnosis Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for clients in all levels of substance use recovery. IOP can either be the first step in treatment or serve as a step-down level of care from inpatient treatment.
CD IOP Components:
- Six weeks – 20 sessions: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. (telehealth services available)
- Master’s-level clinicians that specialize in addiction
- Individual and family therapy as needed
- Comprehensive discharge planning and referrals for aftercare
Group size is a maximum of 12 people to ensure individual attention. The highly structured and supportive environment can help clients to establish and maintain abstinence from alcohol and drugs while participating in their day-to-day lives and responsibilities.
Treatment draws from evidence-based therapy including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness-Oriented Recovery Enhancement
An important goal of the program is to help reduce the stigma of addiction through education for clients and their families. Research shows group therapy to be most effective for substance use, and we also provide individual therapy to enhance treatment and provide extra support to our clients in their recovery.