Your mental health is important to your everyday life, but if you start to feel like you might be struggling with your mental health, what do you do?
Here are many different wellness activities for you to try that can help with your mental health:
- Write a gratitude letter, frame or laminate it and deliver it in person. Believe that your life has a purpose.
- Visit health professionals about unusual symptoms.
- Take part in moderate exercise 5x a week.
- Choose a diet low in saturated fat.
- Find a spiritual connection and practice it both alone and with others. Settle conflicts with compromise and discussion.
- Watch programs about improving health.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with others.
- Discover something new. Visit a museum or art gallery.
- Keep a journal.
- Submit a story to a literary magazine.
- Decorate a workspace.
- Find an inspirational quote.
- Finish work ahead of time.
- Hear a speaker.
- Smile at least 3x a day.
- Go to a multicultural event.
- Ask questions of people.
- Join a fitness center or program.
- Dance to music.
- Think divergently. Generate many new ideas.
- Give yourself permission to make mistakes.
- Wear a feather boa and sunglasses.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Appreciate taste and sensations while eating.
- Gather knowledge.
- Observe your surroundings non-judgmentally.
- Set aside 2 hours a week to work on a project.
- Make a resolution to speak kindly of all people.
- Send an e-card to a friend.
- Tell someone, a spouse/friend/sibling that you love them.
- Place your hand on your heart.
- Choose and buy nutritious food.
Reach Out for Help If You Need It
If you feel like you are struggling with your mental health and may need professional help, please don’t wait to reach out. Austin Oaks Hospital is here to help with your mental health needs and walk with you on a journey towards a happier, healthier life.
Austin Oaks Hospital
Austin Oaks Hospital specializes in comprehensive psychiatric services for adults and adolescents.
Located in South Austin, Texas, we strive to create a warm and welcoming environment for our patients. Some of our services include adult, adolescent, women’s wellness and outpatient programs. Our exclusively women program particularly helps to treat major depression, PTSD, relapse prevention, mental health issues related to fertility (loss of pregnancy, postpartum depression, breastfeeding and menopause), and more.
To contact us give us a call 512-798-4899.