Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
This program is designed for adults who need a higher level of treatment than traditional outpatient counseling. We provide a supportive environment where patients focus on improving life skills. Participants may continue activities in their home or work environment while in treatment.
- Treatment from 9:00 a.m. to noon or 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. three days a week
- Group therapy and individual case management
- Focus on self-awareness, decision-making and socialization skills
- Education on diet and exercise
- Discharge planning
- Community resources
Clients attend Cognitive Behavioral Therapy groups on:
- Processing grief
- Improving coping skills
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care
- Stress management and problem-solving
- Relaxation skills
- Emotional regulation
Dual Diagnosis Evening Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Austin Oaks Hospital now offers an evening Dual Diagnosis Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for clients in all levels of substance use recovery.
Six Weeks—20 Sessions
- Masters level clinicians that specialize in addiction
- Individual and family therapy as needed
- Comprehensive discharge planning
- Guest speakers in addiction
- Referrals for aftercare
Group size is a maximum of 12 people to ensure individual attention. The highly structured and supportive environment empowers clients to establish and maintain abstinence from alcohol and drugs, while participating in their day to day lives and responsibilities.
The IOP also includes guest speakers such as medical doctors and psychiatrists specializing in addiction and recovery.
Treatment draws from evidence based therapy: such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Mindfulness-Oriented Recovery Enhancement.
An important goal of the program is to reduce the stigma of addiction through education for clients and families. While research shows group therapy to be most effective for substance use, we provide individual therapy as necessary to enhance treatment.
IOP is an excellent support for a client’s first time in treatment or as a step down level of care from inpatient treatment.