Women’s Outpatient Wellness Program
Women’s Mental Health Treatment
The Austin Oaks Hospital Women’s Wellness Outpatient Program is designed for women ages 18 and older. It exclusively offers two levels of outpatient care to women in the Austin, Texas, area with mental health symptoms requiring additional care, but who do not require the intensity of inpatient psychiatric hospitalization.
Our Outpatient Mental Health Services
At Austin Oaks Hospital, we understand women’s wellness and that each woman has different needs. We strive to listen and provide a safe and confidential healing environment that empowers clients to participate in their own wellness choices.
Trying to balance life with stress, interpersonal chaos, intense mood swings, fatigue, suicide ideation and depression constantly looming, shows up as reactive expressions of anger, irritability, everything being too much, feelings of hopelessness and being on the edge. Sometimes those close to us are the ones who receive the brunt of our stressed-out selves.
Our Levels of Care
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- This full-time day program takes place Monday through Friday from 9 am – 3 pm. The PHP program allows individuals to get the treatment they need in the day and then return home at night.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- This part-time day program takes place for just a few hours a day a few days per week. Our Intensive Outpatient Day Program for Women operates Monday through Friday from 9 am – 12 pm. The IOP for females provides women with an opportunity to attend treatment without giving up familial or community responsibilities.
Both our Women’s PHP and IOP programs incorporate group psychotherapy, psychiatry and individual psychotherapy. Treatment modalities for mental illness include Trauma Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Drug & Alcohol Treatment and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
Emotional Wellness Challenges Addressed:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Women experience depression at a higher rate than men. Your depressed mood may be symptoms of a larger condition
- No matter your symptoms of trauma, our trauma-informed treatment team is prepared to navigate your mental health condition together
- Our trauma-informed care includes treatment for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Mood disorders
- Types of mood disorders treated include bipolar disorder
- Personality disorders
- Personality disorders that cause mental and behavioral health issues can get better with treatment
- Anxiety Disorders, Eating Disorders and Obsessive Disorders
- The staff at Austin Oaks Hospital is here to help with a wide range of mental health disorders
- Adjustment to life’s transitions
- Mental health issues are not always an immediate diagnosable disorder — our outpatient programs can help if you are struggling with change, as well
- Family- and work-related stressors
- Family and work can cause you to struggle with mental health issues — we’re here to help.
- Relationship challenges
- Including types of therapy such as relationship therapy
- Parenting issues
- Including outpatient postpartum depression treatment
- Grief and loss
- Losing a loved one can be hard. Our team is compassionate, understanding and can help
After completing the women’s outpatient day program, Austin Oaks Hospital provides a women’s Alumni outpatient group for continued community connection as alumni return to their regular daily life.
Remaining connected to women’s outpatient treatment even after treatment can benefit women in our program by keeping the skills learned in our female IOP or women’s psychiatric care fresh and in practice.
Address: 1009 E. 40th Street, Austin, TX 78757
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday – Friday
*Transportation is available to all Branches Downtown programs. Will pick up from home within a 25mile radius from the facility.
We’re here to help
The Women’s Outpatient Wellness Program at Austin Oaks Hospital is here to help you take positive steps forward. If you are interested in our women’s outpatient day programs, please call 512-440-4800 to schedule a confidential, no cost screening.
For a free and confidential assessment, call 512-798-4803.. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to calls.
Please click button below to learn more about the positions available:
In case of a mental health crisis, CALL 988 or seek the nearest emergency room.
For physical health emergencies, CALL 911 or seek the nearest emergency room.
If you need to reach us immediately, call us at 512-440-4800.
Licensed mental health professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you or your loved one.
Physicians are on the medical staff of Austin Oaks Hospital, but, with limited exceptions, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Austin Oaks Hospital. The facility shall not be liable for actions or treatments provided by physicians. Model representations of real patients are shown. TRICARE® is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency. All rights reserved.