Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment for Women
Women who are seeking help with psychological or emotional issues are able to get treatment in a new female-only environment. Austin Oaks Hospital now provides a women’s inpatient psychiatric treatment program in Austin, Texas, for women ages 18 and up.
At Austin Oaks Hosptial, females 18 and older can now find inpatient treatment for psychiatric concerns at the exclusively women-only unit of the hospital. The services provided at this unit are aimed at helping these individuals deal with mental health issues, cope with traumatic events, face grief and loss, and relationship issues.
Wellness is targeted for patients with a combination of brief intervention and solution-focused therapies. Staff members at the hospital use concepts of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, open process psychotherapy, and expressive therapies (mindfulness, art, music, recreation, yoga) in a group setting.
Austin Oaks Hospital claims these approaches are effective for dealing with several issues, including:
- Major Depression Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Anxiety and Obsessive Disorders
- Issues Related to Reproduction Difficulties (loss of a pregnancy, postpartum depression, psychosis, breastfeeding, infertility, and menopause)
A multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists and masters-level therapists offer therapy for patients that also have access to 24/7 nursing care. Treatment can also include:
- Comprehensive Psychiatric and Substance-Use Evaluation
- Psychopharmacology Evaluation and Consultation
- Intensive Group Sessions
- Trauma-Informed Treatment
- Collaboration with Outpatient Therapists and Primary-Care Physicians
- Referral to outpatient providers and other supports if needed
- Nutritional consultation
- Empowerment to develop a safe and supportive life outside of the program
- Relapse prevention
Not only does Austin Oaks Hospital offer this women-only inpatient psychiatric treatment program, but we also offer no-cost mental health assessments for all individuals who are experiencing difficulties. This service can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.