Women’s Mental Health Treatment
Austin Oaks Hospital, located in Austin, Texas, provides treatment for women’s mental health issues from mental health professionals who understand women, specialize in the specific mental health needs of women, and are prepared to help our patients in the exclusive women’s programs that we offer take positive steps forward during and after treatment.
Women’s Inpatient Mental Health Treatment
Our inpatient mental health program for women provides treatment and therapy for a variety of mental health issues, including inpatient postpartum depression treatment, anxiety treatment, mood disorder treatment, depression treatment and more.
Inpatient treatment typically sees individuals stay all day and night in a secure environment, allowing them to block out the everyday distractions and focus on better mental health. A structured program, women in our inpatient program will utilize a type of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to work on mental health conditions or treat trauma.
Women’s Outpatient Mental Health Treatment
Austin Oaks Hospital offers women’s outpatient treatment in the form of both a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- The women’s PHP program allows women to get the treatment they need in the day and then return home at night. This full-time day program takes place Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- The women’s IOP provides women with an opportunity to attend treatment without giving up familial or community responsibilities. This part-time day program takes place for just a few hours a day, a few days per week. Our Intensive Outpatient Day Program for Women operates Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Women’s Mental Health Issues
It may sound like common sense, but studies show that men and women present different mental health issues at different rates and oftentimes for different reasons.
For example, women are much more likely to have depression than men. Not only is this due to hormones, but women also face different challenges in society and throughout their lives that men do not.
Another example of this could be with trauma. Men and women can both experience trauma, but the reasons behind the trauma and the experiences themselves are often different. Trauma therapy from Austin Oaks Hospital, including our women’s trauma recovery program and women’s trauma group, can target trauma and provide gender-specific treatment that gets to the root of the issues.
But depression and trauma are not all the mental illnesses that women can face. Luckily, Austin Oaks provides treatment for a wide-variety of mental health issues.
Some of the women’s psychiatric issues we treat include:
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive disorders
- Personality disorders
- Grief and loss
- Parenting issues
- Including postpartum inpatient treatment and outpatient postpartum depression treatment
- Relationship challenges
- Family and work related-stressors